Barcelona’s Pjanic hopes to launch his Camp Nou career under ‘role model’ Xavi
Juventus are eyeing a deal for Liverpool striker Roberto Firmino, hoping he can be acquired for around £20m.
Firmino, 30, has spent the past seven seasons with Liverpool, playing a major role in winning the 2019-20 Premier League and 2018-19 Champions League, but over the past season a series of injuries have limited him to his fewest league appearances (20) and league goals (five) since joining Anfield.
Corriere dello Sport claims the Brazilian wasn’t Juventus’ first choice when assessing the forward market, but interest grew as it grew increasingly unlikely that they could bring Alvaro Morata back to the squad. club from Atletico Madrid.
TOP STORY – WITH MORATA LIKELY TO RETURN, JUVENTUS PIVOT TO FIRMINO
The arrival of Darwin Nunez has given Liverpool an abundance of options up front, and instead of letting Firmino function as a substitute as his value continues to decline, the club could opt to cash in, if the price is right. .
The Italian report claims that Juventus have also been investigating the possibility of acquiring Timo Werner from Chelsea or Anthony Martial from Manchester United, but securing Firmin would put an end to these lawsuits.
Reports from England have indicated that Liverpool have not been interested in selling for the fee offered by Juventus so far.
Meanwhile, Marca report that Juventus are also on the hunt for Benfica’s left-back Alexander Grimaldowith Manchester City and Newcastle United their main competition.
– Spanish publication Cadena Ser claims Frankie de Jong told his teammates he was not considering leaving Barcelona in the current transfer window, despite strong interest from Manchester United.
– Cadena Ser also reports that Barcelona will look to sell a well-paid goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen for financial help if they can’t convince De Jong to leave.
– According to The Athletic, Bournemouth are close to signing the 23-year-old Middlesbrough winger Marcus Tavernier for 10 million pounds.
– Rome would be in the final stages of securing Georginio Wijnaldum on a loan from Paris Saint-Germain, with negotiations continuing over what percentage of wages the French club will cover while in Italy.
– The Daily Mail reports that Ajax have raised their asking price for the Manchester United goal Anthony at £84million, likely indicating they have no intention of parting ways with the 22-year-old Brazil international.